Happy Friday! I posted a picture on Instagram the other day of my coconut flour pancakes I made for lunch and everyone wanted the recipe so I’m sharing it with you all today.
First, I wanted to share the amazing health benefits of coconut flour. Everything I eat, I try and make sure that it’s nutritious for my body and gives me as many health benefits as possible. Coconut flour has lots of health benefits and is super yummy in recipes.
Benefits of Coconut Flour:
- Gluten-free – excellent alternative to wheat.
- Loaded with fiber – 5 grams of fiber per serving
- Low glycemic index – great to use in baked goods, doesn’t raise blood sugar so it’s great for diabetics
- Great source of protein – 19 grams
- Contains 9 grams of healthy fats which are easily digestible, provide instant energy and may boost your metabolism
- Super dense so you actually use less when baking/cooking with it. Only use 1/4 to 1/3 cup in place of 1 cup of wheat flour. This will save you money.
Nuts.com is a great website where you can buy organic coconut flour at a great price, learn more about coconut flour and how you can incorporate it into your daily diet. They also share yummy recipes on their twitter page too!
Now, here’s my yummy coconut flour pancakes recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or coconut milk)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of organic coconut flour
Heat skillet or pan with coconut oil.
Mix all the wet ingredients together first then add in the dry.
Pour into hot skillet and cook until the edges brown and you see bubbles in the pancakes.
Flip and cook on the other side. (I always make a mess flipping my pancakes lol)
Top with butter (love my Kerrygold Irish Butter which is from grass-fed cows), Almond Butter, Raspberries, Banana’s and some organic maple syrup. Or whatever other toppings you would like. I love to add blueberries, strawberries and walnuts sometimes too. Have fun playing with it and I hope you enjoy!
Have you used coconut flour in your cooking/baking? Please do share your recipes with me! I have created a Pinterest board with all kinds of yummy coconut flour/coconut milk recipes.
Carrie A Groff
– Healthy, Fit & Barefoot!
“Happiness is Barefoot on the Beach!”