Happy Friday! It’s a gorgeous 80 degree, sunny day here in Pennsylvania and I’m still enjoying my green smoothies for lunch on a daily basis. Once it starts getting colder out, I will tire of them and crave something warm and comforting, but until then, it’s a green smoothie per day kind of summer!
Today’s yummy recipe is using Bai, Brasilia Blueberry Antioxidant-Infused drink. If you’ve never had any Bai Antioxidant-Infused drinks, I definitely recommend them! The Molokai Coconut is my favorite! I love using these drinks in my smoothies in place of water or coconut water. Of course, if you don’t have an Bai on hand you can still make this recipe with water or coconut water.
This recipe is really refreshing and tastes like a green tropical drink! It’s loaded with vitamins and antioxidants from the kale & swiss chard, pineapple, and Bai of course. But, it also has anti-inflammatory benefits from the Turmeric and Flax Seeds. I also love adding some fiber and natural sweetness from dates. Oh and the vitamin C and flavanoids from the lemon and lime! Try this healthy and yummy smoothie today and reap all the wonderful benefits!
- 1 cup Brasilia Blueberry Bai (or any other of their flavors, or just water)
- 2 cups frozen Pineapple
- 3 cups Organic Raw Greens (I used a combo of spring mix, swiss chard and kale)
- 2 Pitted Dates (or one Pitted Medjool date)
- 1 TBSP Flax Seed
- 2 TBSP Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 tsp Organic Turmeric
- 1/2 fresh squeezed Lime
- 1/2 fresh squeezed Lemon
- Bonus ingredient if you want more protein: Vanilla Vegan Protein (This is my favorite brand! – Affiliate link – use code: HEALTHYFITANDBAREFOOT for an insider’s discount! This is on sale right now plus you can get a free box of their FUEL + FREE SHIPPING)
Blend and enjoy! Feel free to top with some more unsweetened coconut 🙂 Follow me on Instagram, as I post new smoothie recipes on their quite frequently! I also have an awesome Smoothie Pinterest board you can follow too!
Carrie A Groff
-Healthy, Fit & Barefoot!
“Happiness is Barefoot on the Beach!”
5 thoughts on “#FlavorfulFriday – Immune Boosting Blueberry Pineapple Green Smoothie”
This looks delicious! I love green smoothies especially when pineapple is involved.
It’s very yummy Kristin! I switch between pineapple and mango in my smoothies 🙂 Let me know if you try it!
It looks and sounds delicious! I’m going to try it for breakfast tomorrow.
It is delicious! Hope you enjoy it Jake!