Avocado Seeds: Yes, you can eat them!

This is an interesting fact that I recently learned about. Everyone knows the amazing benefits of eating Avocado’s, but did you know that Avocado seeds are packed full of nutrients that can provide several health benefits to the body? The seeds actually contain more antioxidants than the avocado flesh, most fruits, vegetables and healing teas do!

Here are a few more benefits of eating the avocado seeds:

– They provide the body with more soluble fiber than any other food available to you at a whole food market.

– They contain nourishing oil that is rich in antioxidants. 70% of the antioxidants are found in the seed alone and the other 30% in the flesh and skin. These antioxidants help lower high cholesterol levels and prevent several kinds of heart conditions such as heart disease and strokes.

– The seeds are also a great alternative for reducing inflammatory disease within the body, but works particularly well with easing swelling in the gastrointestinal tract.
– It helps ease diarrhea and also prevents and relieves constipation naturally.

– Some have found it soothing to gastric ulcers because the seed contains antioxidants in it known as phenolic compounds. These compounds contain antibacterial and anti-viral properties, which makes the seeds effective at preventing ulcers within the lining of the digestive system.

– The seeds contain flavonol, which is another antioxidant that helps prevent and reduce tumor growth.

– Avocado seeds also help strengthen the immune system and protect yourself from the cold and flu season.

– The seeds also fight away free radical cells that cause illness and aging. They help slow down the aging process, reduce the appearance of age spots and wrinkles and also have the ability to rebuild collagen!

– The seeds not only help you look younger they help you feel younger too, since they can help reduce bone diseases, joint discomfort, body aches and pains naturally.

– Last, but not least they also help to lower blood glucose levels and help maintain a healthy weight. The seeds can help curve food cravings and make you feel fuller.

Now to the fun part! Eating them!

We eat avocado’s every day so we have a stock of avocado seeds. When you slice an avocado in half and carefully remove the seed, place it into a plastic bag and crush it with a meat mallet or a hammer.


I just break it into large pieces, then throw them in my Vitamix blender to turn them into a fine powder. You will notice that the seeds are moist so it will stick to the sides of the Vitamix. Just scrape it down the sides and blend again for a few seconds to get it all chopped up.


Then, I lay the powder out on some parchment paper to let it completely dry out then place in a container. You can sprinkle the powder onto meals, in smoothies, yogurt, etc.


I sprinkled some on our mini English Muffin pizzas last night for dinner and we didn’t even taste it!

Great tip for you to save avocado’s without them turning brown: Put them in a container with a cut up onion! The onion prevents the avocado from turning brown!

Let me know how you use Avocado seeds!

1 thought on “Avocado Seeds: Yes, you can eat them!”

  1. Hello! Excellent article, very helpful. Thank you for sharing.
    I have some questions.
    1. What is the right place to save it? In fridge?
    2. When i put it on fridge etc., how much long it can be used? Months?
    Thank you a lot. šŸ™‚


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.