I love breakfast foods. I could eat breakfast for every meal! This oven-baked zucchini, mushroom, onion & bacon frittata is a tasty recipe that I love to make for dinner and then reheat the next day for lunch.
I got this recipe from my Vita-Mix recipe book and changed it a bit to work with my ingredients. There are so many variations of this recipe that you can do!
You saute the veggies first. I used diced zucchini, mushrooms and onion.
Then you place your eggs, seasonings and parmesan cheese in your Vita-Mix and blend for 15 seconds. Using your Vita-Mix to blend eggs is super easy!
Next your put your sauteed veggies in the bottom of your pan (I used a 8 x 8 glass pyrex dish). I rubbed the dish with coconut oil first so nothing will stick to the dish.
Then pour egg mixture over your veggies and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
Then I added some yummy slices of bacon on top. I use Maverick Ranch Natural Un-Cured Bacon which is hormone-free, antibiotic-free & with no added nitrates!
Now you bake for 20-25 minutes or until set.
I love to top mine with Sriracha and diced Avocado.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/4 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup diced mushrooms
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat 8 x 8 glass dish with coconut oil (or olive oil)
- Saute onion, zucchini and mushrooms in olive oil until soft. Place in bottom of prepared glass dish.
- Place the rest of the ingredients, except the cheddar cheese, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 15 seconds.
- Pour mixture over vegetables.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over mixture.
- Top with slices of un-cooked bacon.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until set.