Happy Friday! We had our first heat wave of the summer this week and today its cooled down a bit. I don’t eat many muffins during the summer because I always think of muffins as being a warm fall comfort food, but I made coconut flour muffins with a refreshing twist!
I found this coconut flour recipe on a blog that I follow: Coconut Mama
She gives a base for the coconut flour muffins allowing you to add in whatever other ingredients you would like. I thought lemon raspberry sounded really refreshing, so I tried it and it was a winner!
Keep them in the fridge then pull one out and heat up for 15 seconds in the microwave with a little cashew or almond butter melted on top. Add a few more fresh raspberries to it and you have a yummy refreshing snack!
Here is the base recipe:
- 3/4 Cup of Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 6 Organic Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Raw Honey
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Juice of 1 Whole Lemon
- Fresh Raspberries
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients together and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and mix in melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla.
4. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Let sit for 3-5 minutes or until coconut flour has absorbed the liquid.
6. Add in the fresh squeezed lemon juice.
7. Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan.
8. Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full of batter.
9. Top each muffin with 3-4 raspberries.
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
11. Let cool before serving or top one with cashew/almond butter, let melt and enjoy!
12. Store in air tight container in refrigerator.
Carrie A Groff
-Healthy, Fit & Barefoot!
“Happiness is Barefoot on the Beach!”