Last week we had a ladies networking event in a small business called Tastealotta in Lemoyne, PA. It’s a unique store that samples and sells flavored olive oils and infused balsamic vinegar’s.
I have been making my own salad dressings and playing around with different marinades for chicken so I thought I would try and find a few new oils and vinegar’s to play with.
I sampled quite a few different oils and vinegar’s but since I’m new to using these I figured I would just start off with two. So I purchased the Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and the 18 Yr Dark Balsamic Vinegar. Combined, they burst with flavor so it was the perfect combo for a chicken marinade.
If you are in the Lemoyne area, be sure to stop by Tastealotta and sample some unique oils and vinegar’s! You can also shop online, if you aren’t local.
Here’s my marinade recipe:
- 1/4 cup Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- Italian seasonings blend to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP Garlic Powder (minced garlic would also be yummy, but I ran out)
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Put chicken in a Ziploc baggie (It’s just my husband and I so I made 3 chicken breasts)
- Pour marinade into baggie and get all the air out before closing.
- Make sure the chicken is covered in marinade.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Bake at 425 for 17 minutes (depending on how thin or thick your chicken is)
I then made some chopped kale (I love the frozen chopped kale from Woodstock Foods) and cooked some organic bacon. Place the baked chicken on top of a bed of kale, then top with crumbled blue cheese and crumbled bacon.
Do you use flavored olive oils or infused vinegar’s? I would love to hear how you use them!
Carrie A Groff
-Healthy, Fit & Barefoot!
“Happiness is Barefoot on the Beach!”