Happy Tuesday! Today’s #TuesdayTip is an easy, customize-able, DIY air freshener for your home. Store bought air fresheners like Febreze are loaded with toxic chemicals. Your home with smell fabulous and you and your family will be able to breathe easier with this DIY air freshener recipe.
- 4 oz glass spray bottle
- 2 tsp vodka (or witch hazel or distilled vinegar)
- 2 oz distilled water (or filtered)
- 20-40 drops essential oils of your choice
- Pour water, vodka and essential oils in a glass measuring cup, that has a spout, for easy pouring
- Pour into glass spray bottle
- Shake and spray!
Essential Oils Combinations for your air freshener:
- So Fresh & Clean, Clean! – 10 drops Lemongrass & 20 drops Grapefruit (this is what I made this time and it’s such a refreshing scent!)
- Wake Me Up – 10 drops Peppermint & 20 drops Orange
- Time to Focus – 10 drops Peppermint & 20 drops Rosemary
- No More Stinky Bathroom – 10 drops Cinnamon, 15 drops Clove, 10 drops Melaleuca
- Energizing & Purifying – 10 drops Peppermint & 25 drops Orange
- Lavender Fresh – 18 drops Lavender, 7 drops Peppermint, 5 drops Lemon
- Go Away Germs – 10 drops Rosemary, 15 drops Orange, 8 drops Eucalyptus, 8 drops Lavender
- Allergy Relief – 12 drops Lemon, 12 drops Lavender, 12 drops Peppermint
You can play around with the amounts of each essential oil to accommodate your senses! Use less for a softer scent and more for a stronger scent.
Have fun with these scents! If you come up with a fun scent, do share! There are so many options…these are just a few to get you started.
Carrie A Groff
-Healthy, Fit & Barefoot!
“Happiness is Barefoot on the Beach!”