According to the National Sleep Foundation, 50-70 million Americans struggle with sleep related problems.
There are many ways to help you sleep better at night so you can wake up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Meditation is a great way to relax your mind and ease into sleep. I recommend the free Insight App available on Android and Apple. Their Yoga Nidra options are highly effective
- Practice a gentle yoga routine prior to bed. There are several great videos on YouTube as well as subscription services like Grokker.
- No caffeine after lunch. Caffeine stays in your system for at least 6 hours and some people are more sensitive than others.
- Stick to a sleep schedule even during the weekend. This also means avoiding naps during the day.
- Skip the night cap. I am sorry to report that alcohol disrupts your sleep.
- Avoid large meals right before bed.
- Avoid liquids before you hit the sheets so you don’t have to wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom
- Keep it cool and dark. A dark and cool room is ideal for falling and staying asleep.
- Hit the gym in the morning. Working out later in the day may keep you up at night.
- Increase bright and natural light during the day to keep your circadian rhythm healthy
You can also try supplements. I recommend avoiding prescriptions if you can. There are many natural supplements out there that may help you with a better night’s sleep.
CBD, Melatonin & Magnesium are among the most popular.
Many people are touting the benefits of CBD for better sleep. I’ve also just started hearing more about CBN, which is another cannabinoid from hemp, that is even better for helping with sleep. Although, more studies need to be done.
Joy Organics just came out with a new CBD Softgel with Melatonin and CBN.
CBD Softgels with Melatonin from Joy Organics contain:
- 25mg of CBD per serving
- 3mg of melatonin per serving
- 3mg of CBN
- 3-5% minor cannabinoids to facilitate an entourage effect
- Incorporates their proprietary water-soluble nanoemulsion technology for increased efficacy
Do you struggle with sleep?
*This post contains my affiliate links.
Stay Healthy and Sleep Well my Friends!
Carrie A Groff