Happy Friday my healthy friends! I received a wonderful package from Navita’s Naturals a few days ago filled with yummy goodies like: Cacao Powder, Hemp Seed, Chia Seed, Cacao Nibs, Maca Maple Cashews, & Coconut Sugar. I also received Julie Morris’s Superfood Kitchen cookbook, which I was really excited about!
I love using superfoods, but can’t always figure out how to use them or find recipes that use them. I have been using Navita’s Naturals superfood products for a while now, because they are exceptional quality and have a wide variety of products that you can get in one place.
I saw this recipe for No-Bake Brownies that only has few ingredients and all of which I had on hand, so I was really excited to make these.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup medjool dates, packed and pitted
- 1/2 cup Cacao Powder
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 TBSP to 1/2 cup Cacao Nibs
- Place walnuts in food processor and blend until turned into a course flour.
- Add in the medjool dates, sea salt and cacao powder and process until a crumb-like dough forms.
- Spread the mixture into a parchment paper lined pan. Like an 8 x 8 pan or a smaller one. I used a smaller one, as I wanted my brownies to be a bit thicker.
- Press the mixture flat with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle with Cacao Nibs (and Hemp Seeds, Goji Berries or other superfoods)
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Store in a sealed, glass container.
Enjoy!! I topped mine with hemp seeds in addition to the cacao nibs and they are so yummy! These superfood brownies are loaded with antioxidants, omega’s, protein, potassium, fiber, iron, calcium & amino acids. These are a yummy and healthy treat that would be great to take with you to your Holiday parties this year.
Chocolate brownies that you can feel good about eating!
I definitely recommend getting Julie Morris’s Superfood Kitchen cookbook so you can make your own superfood recipes.
Stay Healthy my Friends!
Carrie A Groff
– Healthy, Fit & Barefoot!
“Happiness is Barefoot on the Beach!”