Happy Friday! Here in Pennsylvania we are getting all prepped for the big snow storm that is schedule to hit us later on tonight! I went and stocked up on my favorite red wine the other day and what goes better with red wine than chocolate? I figure if the power goes out at least I don’t need to heat up wine or chocolate pudding 🙂
This is a super simple, almost “instant pudding” recipe that will crush any chocolate craving you have!
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I love Califia farms since it doesn’t have carrageegan and is only 40 calories)
- 3 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 4-5 Medjool Dates (I used 4, but if you want it sweeter you can add more)
- 3 TBSP Cocoa Powder (less if you don’t want it too chocolatey)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Scoop Vegan Protein Powder (Everlast VP is my fav vegan protein! Get an insider’s discount with my code: HEALTHYFITANDBAREFOOT)
- Pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- Put all ingredients into the blender (add a little more milk if it’s too thick)
- Separate into containers (I portioned them into 1/2 cup prep bowls)
- Store in fridge for at least an hour before enjoying, so it thickens up and gets colder.
- Enjoy on it’s own or with your fav toppings. I put blueberries and shredded coconut on mine. You could add bananas and walnuts or goji berries! (Get 15% of my fav brand of Goji Berries, Chia Seeds & Cocoa Powder)
If you are in the path of the winter storm this weekend, be safe, stay warm, and enjoy it for summer will be here before we know it! 🙂
Stay Healthy my Friends!
Carrie A Groff
– Healthy, Fit & Barefoot!
“Happiness is Barefoot on the Beach!”