Hello everyone! It’s been quite awhile since I last posted. Hope you are doing as well as can be in this new crazy world we live in.
Just wanted to pop by and share some stay-at-home essentials that have been helping me get through this pandemic.
- Exercise. You all know that I love fitness and working out, but it’s even more important during tough times. It’s a great way to have “me time”, plus exercise is great for your immune system, bones, muscles, heart health, and your mind. Find something you love to do when it comes to enjoying working out and sticking with it. If you really don’t have the motivation to workout on your own from home, find a partner to virtually workout with (or hire a personal trainer). I’ve been doing virtual training with a lot of my clients before this pandemic started. Many of them travel frequently, so virtual (FaceTime) workouts are the perfect way to keep active. Now that nobody is traveling though it’s still the best way to get in a workout at home with a trainer without contact. If you’re looking for exercise equipment (which I know is hard to find these days), ProSource is my go-to source! Last I checked, their dumbbells were sold out but you can have them notify you as soon as they are restocked. They also have other great products like their core sliders, exercise bands and pull-up bars. If you want to try other home programs, I highly recommend BodyFit by Bodybuilding.com. I also purchase many pre-workouts, BCAA’s and protein powders via Bodybuilding.com as well. You can use code CARRIE10 for a discount if you’re interested. Reach out to me if you have any questions about their products!
Checkout my Live Instagram workout I did to get a feel of what it’s like training with me:
- Natural Cleaning Products. I’m always cleaning (even before this pandemic) and there is no reason to go crazy or extreme about cleaning, but keeping a clean home is important for our health. If you keep up with cleaning weekly it’s also so much easier. Force of Nature is my new cleaning obsession! Given the Coronavirus epidemic, various studies have been coming out discussing not only how to wash your hands (and what to use) but what to use to disinfect your surfaces. Force of Nature is on the EPA’s List of Disinfectants For Use Against SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19. It’s the only EPA registered disinfectant that you can make at home, which means you don’t have to worry about heading out to a germy store full of empty disinfectant shelves. It’s the only EPA registered disinfectant families can buy that uses reusable bottles, so it’s the most eco-friendly option out there. Last, it’s just as effective as bleach at killing viruses and bacteria, but has zero toxic chemicals, fumes or residues. Get 15% Off and Free Shipping on Starter Kits with Code NOGERMS15
- Essential Oils and Hydrosols. I’ve been shopping at Jade Bloom and love them. They provide responsive customer service and reasonable prices with hundreds of different natural products and 100% pure essential oils to choose from. Essential oils are great for diffusing in your home to clean the air in your home, to help you relax and to add fresh scent.
- Home Decor. Okay, this might not be an essential item, BUT we are all home every day so making the place cozy and inviting is something that can make each day at home just a little bit better. Whether you want to redesign your office, or spruce up your kitchen, Jane.com has awesome deals on home decor. (like up to 65% awesome!)
- Wine. Okay, again not quite “essential” BUT if you love wine and the liquor stores are closed, then Revel Wine has you covered! They have organic and sulfite-free wine delivered right to your doorstep! Get $20 off your first order of $50 with code: TRYREVEL20
- CBD Muscle Rub. Changing up your workouts, or even doing home renovations might have your muscles worked in different ways and singing a different tune. CBD-Medic topical lotions & balms are my favorite for easing muscle aches…even tension headaches! Use code: CAGMEDIC10 when you shop to save 10%!
- Ashwagandha. Say what?! Yep, Ashwagandha is one of my fave supplements! I take it every day and get mine from Physician’s Choice. Ashwagandha may help with the following: reduced anxiety, reduced cortisol, increased energy, reduced cholesterol, improved memory and cognition. If you want to try it for yourself, use code: CARG20 for 20% off your order. My mood swings have gotten so much better since taking Ashwagandha on a regular basis.(I also love their Eye Health supplement)
- Hydration. Working from home can sometimes make it even more difficult to remember to drink water, but hydration is key to healthy bodies, so Everly makes it convenient to stay hydrated with delicious and healthy drink mixes. These are great for adults and kids! Hydration is their natural, caffeine free, powdered drink mix. Sweetened with the stevia leaf and colored with veggies, it makes your water taste amazing, so you can drink more of it. Each pouch makes 30 servings.
- Meal Delivery. We can’t go out to restaurants and fast food just isn’t healthy, so meal delivery it is! There are many choices out there to get fresh and healthy meals delivered to your door, but this one is the most reasonably priced and all you have to do is heat-and-eat! As a Find-Your-Trainer pro, I can offer you all a 50% discount on your first order!
- CBD Oil. I am in love with FNX CBD Tinctures and Joy Organics Tinctures. Both companies offer high quality CBD Oil in delicious flavors. If you’re not sure why you should use CBD oil, check out this post.
Share with me what your stay at home essentials are! This is just my top 10 list, but I’m sure I could go on and on! 🙂 (I do share a lot more on my Instagram page and stories if you would like to follow me there)
Stay healthy my friends!
Carrie A Groff