Happy Friday my friends!!
Have you ever wanted to start your own workout program at home but had no idea where to start? Here are my top tips to get started:
- Choose how many times a week you plan on working out. I recommend 3-5 times a week depending on your time availability, current fitness level and what your goals are.
- Choose the time of day you plan on working out. I personally know that if I don’t workout first thing in the morning then I won’t have the motivation to do it later. Find the time that fits your lifestyle and schedule best. If you want to workout in the morning but aren’t a morning person, start setting your alarm 5-10 minutes earlier so you can adjust to getting up earlier. You also want to make sure you go to bed earlier. Going to bed at midnight to get up at 5am for a workout isn’t going to help motivate you to get out of bed. Lack of sleep will also make your workout performance suffer.
- Write it down on your calendar or set an alarm on your phone and get out your workout clothes ahead of time so you are prepared to get started.
- Figure out the style of workouts that you like to do. Do you prefer strength training workouts or HIIT workouts or do you like bodyweight workouts? If you have never tried any of them and aren’t sure what you really like, then just pick one and try it. You never know until you try.
- Start out slowly and with basic exercises like push-ups, squats, jumping jacks, shoulder presses, bicep curls, & rows. Check out my beginner’s workout here, workout videos here on Instagram and click on my IGTV circle and try this fun 10 minute bodyweight AMRAP:Set your timer for 10 minutes then go through each exercise doing 10 reps of each and mark down how many rounds you get through in 10 minutes. (If you don’t have a jump rope you can just pretend you have one or buy one from ProSource)
Jump Rope – 10 Jumps
Push-Ups – 10 reps (modify at the wall or on a bench)
Mountain Climbers – 10 reps
Front Lunges – 10 reps
Butterfly Crunches – 10 reps
This post may include affiliate link(s), meaning, at no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. I only recommend and link to products that I personally use and/or recommend. In some cases it lets me offer you a discount like the ProSource discount where you can save 15% using code: CARRIE
If you would like some fitness equipment to do your home workout program, ProSource is having a Labor Day Sale this weekend so check out their deals! Save up to 40% on select items like slam balls to resistance bands, yoga gear and more! And you can save an additional 15% on top of the sale prices with my code: CARRIE
For more fitness inspired posts click here.
Please consult with your doctor before starting any physical activity.
If you’d like to work on a custom plan, click reply and I’ll be happy to help.
Stay Healthy & Fit my Friends!
Carrie A Groff