CBD is quite popular and it’s being researched more and more. There is a lot of evidence showing that CBD may help with your post-workout recovery.
When we do a tough workout we are breaking down muscle fibers, so they need to recovery so they can grow back leaner and stronger.
CBD helps our muscles recovery by supporting our bodies with exercise-induced inflammation. CBD is a natural anti-inflammatory which makes it excellent for reducing DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) as well as the post workout “pain” we may feel.
CBD can also help us sleep. Sleep is critical for our bodies to recover, especially from tough workouts.
CBD is also known to help relieve stress by promoting a calming affect. This is good for exercise recovery because our bodies weren’t meant to be under chronic stress. Acute stress, like from a good workout, is good for our bodies, but chronic on-going stress doesn’t allow our bodies to rest and recover.
Here are a few of my favorite CBD products that can help with your exercise recovery:
- Joy Organics Tinctures have the best flavors! These are all organic too! (peppermint is my fave) Through the rest of March you can get 20% off with code: SPRING20
- Joy Organics Bath Bombs are a great way to relax and soak sore muscles in the bathtub.
- Charlotte’s Web Exercise Recovery Gummies are specifically meant to help you with your post-workout recovery and they come in a convenient gummy that you can take with you to the gym or on a run/hike. Check out their Sleep Gummies and Calm Gummies too!
- Charlotte’s Web Workout Hard & Recovery Harder gives you all the CBD recovery products to help you recover and get ready to crush that next workout. (You can use my affiliate code: CARRIE15 for 15% off your Charlotte’s Web order)
- CBDMEDIC Active Sport Pain Relief Stick is a staple in our household! It’s so easy to rub right on that sore muscle and be on with your day! (This product is now sold by Charlotte’s Web)
- CBDMEDIC Muscle and Joint Spray is great for those achey knees after a long run or tough leg day workout. This is also a staple in our household…the spray is great for a quick spritz on any achy joint.
Have you tried any CBD products for your exercise recovery?
Stay & Healthy my friends!
Carrie A Groff
P.S. For more exercise recovery options, check out ProSource Fitness and try adding in foam rolling, stretching or relaxing on an acupressure mat to further aid your exercise recovery.