Are you getting in enough omega-3’s in your diet? The majority of American’s are getting too many Omega-6’s and not enough Omega-3’s in their diets. Omega-6’s come from a variety of foods and are an essential omega we need but not in excessive amounts. Omega-6’s are found in canola oil, safflower oil, walnuts, tofu, eggs… Most American’s eat processed foods which contain a lot of canola and safflower oil (even healthy packaged foods) contain safflower oil. If you don’t eat any fish or not much fish it’s best to supplement with omega-3 fish oil. Even if you do eat fish, if you’re also eating a lot of foods with omega-6’s your balance of omega-3’s to omega-6’s may be way off kilter.
Some of the many possible health benefits of taking Omega-3’s:
- May help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of hypertension
- May reduce risk factors for coronary heart disease
- Supports the body’s inflammation response
- Supports brain function as we age
- Supports brain development and brain function in children, including those with ADHD
- Supports mood stability
- Supports continued eye health during age related macular degeneration
- Supports brain health during pregnancy and childhood
- Supports systems that reduce risk of Metabolic Syndrome
The problem with the majority of Omega supplements is that the body isn’t absorbing the full amount, and they smell super fishy and give you fish burps! Yuck! The other problem with most pill forms of omega’s is that the pills oxidize which is why when you buy a large bottle of omega’s that last longer, they wreak of fish every time you open the bottle.
That’s where Coromega comes in. Coromega created an emulsified formulation of Omega’s that creates it more absorbable in the body. 300% more absorbable! Plus, they taste delicious! The two I have tried taste like a delicious orange creamsicle. Coromega comes in single serve packets (they also have a sustainable larger package that I’ll be ordering next) which makes it super easy and convenient to take your daily omega’s.
They also came out with pup packets which are human grade Omega-3’s for your pets.
Do you take fish oil?
Stay healthy my friends!
Carrie A Groff