Happy Friday! Today, I’m sharing a yummy recipe from Manitoba Harvest using their Hemp Hearts. I have been using Hemp Hearts for a while now, sprinkling them on my salads, adding them to my smoothies, and mixing them in my Hemp Protein Bars.
Health Benefits of Hemp Hearts:
- Tastes great and mix well into recipes
- Easy to use and so many ways you can use them
- Packed with 10 grams of protein and 10 grams of omegas per 30 gram serving
- Lower in carbs than flax and chia
- Raw, vegan-friendly & non-GMO
I was browsing Manitoba Harvest recipe section for some ideas and found this yummy Grain-Free Rum Balls recipe and thought that I would give it a try. I used raw honey in my recipe, but plan on trying it with some Medjool dates next time. You could also use coconut sugar or Stevia. I plan on making these again and taking them with us to Holiday parties this year. Such a fun and yummy treat!
- 1/4 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 1/2 cup high-quality cacao powder
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons raw honey or 15 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia
- pinch sea salt
- Line a baking sheet or plate with parchment paper or a silicon baking sheet. Set aside.
- Place shredded coconut in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl of your food processor.
- Pulse until mixture forms a ball, about 30-45 seconds.
- Pinch 1 ½ tablespoons of dough and roll between your hands to form a ball. Drop the ball into the coconut and roll around until coated.
- Place the completed ball on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Transfer baking sheet to the fridge or freezer to set for one hour.
Now, for the best part…a giveaway! Manitoba Harvest has given me the opportunity to give away a 2oz/56g bag of Hemp Hearts for one of my lucky readers!
Click here to enter the giveaway: Hemp Hearts Giveaway
If you don’t want to wait for the giveaway to win, you can use promo code: HHSP1015 for 20% off the entire web store at http://www.manitobaharvest.com. Code expires December 31st, 2015. One prize per person. If you win this giveaway, and have already won another prize from Manitoba Harvest through another blog, please disclose that you have already won so we can choose another winner.
Stay Healthy my Friends!
Carrie A Groff
– Healthy, Fit & Barefoot!
“Happiness is Barefoot on the Beach!”