Hello my friends!
Living a healthy and fit life doesn’t have to be a chicken and broccoli boring-kind-of-life.
“There are countless reasons to celebrate life and making fitness part of your everyday is a big one! Your fitness journey is as unique as you are; be proud and recognize each victory and every stage of growth along the way. Champagne is a universal symbol of celebration, so join FIT & Flirty and raise a glass to YOU and your fit & fabulous life!”
This post is sponsored by Sweat Pink, but all opinions are my own.
Anna, the founder and a fellow Sweat Pink sister, just launched Fit & Flirty Closet, an athleisure line featuring so many fun & cute tanks, tee’s, hoodies and more!
I’ve always been a red wine drinker and really only ever drank champagne on New Year’s Day (mixed with orange juice)…Oh and I had 2 glasses at my wedding…the second because my husband wouldn’t drink his lol.
I never know how healthy champagne is until I read THIS blog post that Anna wrote.
I’m all about living a healthy balanced life. I don’t want to stress over eating a slice of pizza or enjoying a glass of wine with dinner.
Here are my top tips to learn to live a healthy balanced life:
- Don’t Stress. The last thing you want to do when you’re trying to live healthy or lose weight is to stress about pizza, wings or ice cream. When I talk to my clients about enjoying life, specifically eating, I tell them to enjoy the pizza they ate then move onto the next healthy meal. When you stress out or feel guilty about a food you eat it makes it so much harder to just enjoy the moment and move on. Sometimes my clients will even have the thoughts “Well, since I messed up that meal I might as well keep on eating poorly.” which is totally the wrong type of attitude to have. Enjoy that meal and then move on.
- Don’t Over Exercise. You can’t out train a bad diet. Don’t think you can just run off that burger and beer you ate or burpee away that pint of ice cream you ate (I see you Halo Top!). Balance is key, especially with your exercise and eating. If you eat too many high calorie foods or drink too much alcohol you won’t be able to balance that out by exercising like some crazy person. You will end up hurting your self and your health will suffer in the long run.
- Choose Wisely. Choosing the lowest calorie options of your favorite foods or drinks is the best way to keep it balanced. If you love hot wings order the small size with a big salad to go with them. Order the small beer instead of the large. (or better yet order a glass of champagne which is full of health benefits and is lower in calories than red wine)
- Make veggies the biggest portion of your meals. Filling up on fiber packed veggies will help you eat less of the high calorie foods you love but yet still let you enjoy them without feeling like you’re depriving yourself. I love to load up my plate with 3/4 veggies and the other 1/4 my guilty pleasure like a slice of pizza or lasagna.
- Share with someone. Order that piece of chocolate cake and share it with a friend or two or three. Sometimes all you need is just a bite or two to satisfy that craving.
- Remember your goals. If you stop and remember that LBD you want to wear or that wedding you want to look great for or that bikini you want to fit into again, it will help you eat less of the guilty pleasures and more of the foods that will help you stay on track.
- Don’t give into peer pressure. Yep, peer pressure continues even after high school! Have you ever gone out with friends who want you to eat pizza or wings with them because if they see you eating a healthy salad it will make them feel guilty?! Yep…I’ve been there. Stand your ground and choose the option that makes you feel good about eating. Don’t do it just because they make you feel bad about it.
- Wear a motivational shirt. Wearing my tank top that says “Saving my Carbs for Wine” is not only funny but it motivates me to remember that if I want to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner then I need to make sure that I balance out the rest of my day by opting to not eat that bagel and eat scrambled eggs or overnight oats instead.
Check out Fit & Flirty’s new line of fun and super comfy athleisure gear and use the code SWEATPINK16 for 15% off. Valid from August 15 – September 15, 2018.
There is also an in-store special from August 15-31 of “buy 2 shirts – get the 2nd one at 50% off” (not valid with other promo code).
Stay Healthy (and balanced) my Friends!
Carrie A Groff