I love chocolate and around Easter, there are so many chocolate temptations lurking around especially in the grocery stores. Reese’s Peanut Butter cups were always one of my favorite chocolate candies. Easter & Halloween I would always eat these first!
A few weeks ago I attempted my first batch of homemade peanut butter cups. These are so simple to make and only have 4 ingredients! I found this super easy recipe on Pinterest of course lol The original recipe is from My Real Food Family blog. There really isn’t any changes to be made with this recipe except for which nut butter to use. I’m making these again this weekend to take to my Grandma while we visit her at the beach.
My first batch I made I didn’t have a small pan so I used a muffin tin pan which made Jumbo Peanut Butter cups lol All the same, they turned out so delicious! I didn’t eat them all as I shared with my family and they all loved them! These were actually a little too sweet for me so just a bite was all I needed to squash that chocolate craving of mine.
- 3/4 cup almond butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Combine peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup in a small bowl. Microwave for one minute or until ingredients are melted (stirring a few times).
- In another bowl, microwave chocolate chips for about one minute or until melted (stirring a few times).
- I placed pieces of parchment paper in the bottom of my tin cups so they wouldn’t stick since I didn’t have any cup cake or muffin liners.
- Spoon chocolate in bottom of tin and then spoon peanut butter mixture followed by another layer of chocolate.
- Freeze until they harden.
- I kept mine in the fridge after this as the chocolate was so thick that it was hard to bite through when they were frozen.
Next time I want to try these with Cashew Butter! Oh yum!! Can’t wait!
Have you tried making your own homemade chocolate candy? What was your favorite candy growing up?
Carrie A Groff
– Healthy, Fit & Barefoot!
“Happiness is Barefoot on the Beach”